Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

double the character, but not the fun :(

Ok, so...I put my character into a new choregraphy. import an action. And end up with this. Double the character. (but not double the fun. :( ). Does anyone know why this is happening? Help...would be awesome. :D

-Robert.

post-7-1080540804.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Robert,

Cool Character! But you'll have to add two more swords to have enough for all four hands! :lol:

Don't know what might be the problem unless you have added multiple instances of the same model into the choreography.

Do you have an action applied?

What version are you running?

You might save the project then test by removing things from the project until you discover the culprit. I would concentrate on the Choregraphy breakdown in the PWS first.

a screenshot of your expanded pws would be helpful. i suspect that either you just have 2 characters there (delete one) or there is something wrong with either your action object or ........

screenshot please!

Rodney:

(Har har har...grumble grumble.<_<) lol :lol:

I do have an action applied to the character. As soon as I apply it, it does this. :blink:

I am using the 2004 version.

ZPiDER:

How do you take a screenshot? :blink:

-robert

• Admin

I'll beat Marcel/ZPiDER to the answer... (competitive aren't we?)

Print Screen Powertool:

On a PC, display what you want to screen capture on your screen, then 'whack' the PRT SCRN button (The Print Screen button should be above the INSERT, DELETE, HOME, END, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN buttons).

Once you've 'whacked' the PRT SCR button a copy of your screen will be in the Windows clipboard. You can paste this into any application that will accept the clipboard graphic data.

Additional Power Tip (Free!): If you hold the ALT key down while you 'whack' PRT SCR... only the 'active' window will be captured. This can be very useful for showing only the part of the screen you need versus the entire desktop/screen.

• Admin

As (I think) Marcel was suggesting, something in your action has generated the extra arms.

You have several options:

1 ) Create a new action (Disgard the old) *You may want to try this just to be sure your current action is indeed the problem.

2 ) Dig into your action and remove the bad information *You may want to post the file for others to examine. The resulting education might be good for the rest of us too!

3 ) Roll your own solution *You'll always learn a lot this way ;)

Possibly when you made the character in modeling mode, you may have ended up with a group that was copied over the pre-existing project. One set of mesh being boned and the other not. Try checking in the modeling mode for an extra copy of your character.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, my internet is down at my house. <_< . Oh well. I created a new action and it's still doing the same thing. But, i tried one of my older actions on it and it worked. :huh: I can't figure out why though. maybe my way of creating an action changed without me noticing? So this is how I make an action.(or at least the last two.) Please let me know if this is right.

First I went to my model and went to new, action.

Then I moved the bones around five frames at a time( for him running).

then I saved it as an action.

Then I import the model in the choreography, right click on it, and import my action.

Soo... Does someone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks-

Robert

my guess here is that you added your model to the action as an action object on accident.

that you basically have an action with no model and simply have an action object of the character , when you drag and drop that onto the character in the chor it works find, except it brings in the action object that is the character... just my guess here.

-David Rogers