Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

They needed to make a movie about this? Really?

Roger

• *A:M User*

And I couldn't raise a fraction of the money that will be spent to make this steaming pile to fund my own film:

http://deadline.com/2016/05/tetris-the-movie-bruno-wu-larry-kasanoff-threshold-global-china-cannes-1201758000/

I wonder if it is one of those tax scam movies like Uwe Boll used to make.

picard-facepalm_mkuu.1280.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

I guess there is so little story to the game it leaves them free to write just about anything.

It's like when they make a move with a famous song title

I suppose. I just don't see what possible sort of story you could write about stacking blocks.

Now a documentary about the guy that wrote the video game would be way more interesting, but I suspect this will be something stupid like giant blocks falling to earth and Rob Schneider is the only one that can save the planet.

I will say that Warcraft looks interesting. I downloaded the A:M face capture software recently and am trying to master that. I found myself watching tons of docs about motion capture. I am not, and have never been a Warcraft player, but the motion capture and animation looks amazing so I'll be there. I don't know if the general A:M community extends its efforts toward the motion capture capabilities of A:M but they are quite extraordinary. Particularly the program from iPisoft. You can import those .BVH files right in and it opens up a whole new world. The face capture software designed specifically for A:M is interesting. I've only used it on a completely basic level but am now trying a more complicated rig. I know this has nothing to do with Tetris but it made me think of Warcraft which gave me an initial WTF?! reaction. Lately, I've been watching lots of movies that I would have normally never watched, but due to the fact that there is an animation component, I am completely interested. I strongly recommend watching the extra features in Avatar, as an example. Those are inspiring as hell! I have tried to develop a dumbed down version of James Cameron's process for A:M and motion capture. I don't have any of the fancy gizmos that he has access to, but the process of 'filming' models that did their performances ages ago is no different than animating the camera in a choreography after an elaborate scene set-up. Sorry, too much coffee!

-Adam