sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Attenbrough at 90

Simon Edmondson

• Hash Fellow

Those are great. I've seen three now. The bird, the penguins and the gorillas. I hope there are more.

I recall being at an animation festival in the 90s, before the Internet, before we knew much of Aardman Animation over here and they showed "Creature Comforts". The place went completely insane over it. Just about the biggest reaction to animation I've witnessed personally.

This is the Gorilla one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03t4jw4

And this is the Penquins

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03t18tz?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcone&intc_campaign=attenboroughat90&intc_linkname=vidclip_twofanstalkabouthero_contentcard1

What impresses me most about them is the subtlety and variety of the expressions. In the Gorilla's brief they react to flies , moving around and the look on the faces of the two in the background is priceless.

• ____ 1

HAH! great!

EDIT: these are hysterical, LOVE them. Thanks Simon!

I have visited the mountain gorillas in Rwanda at Parc National de Vulcans in the early 1980's (before any of you were born, of course) - and it really was like that! surrounded by gorillas, within inches of me.

One particular lovely lady gorilla was admiring my silver gloves (had to wear gloves because of the stinging nettles), and she reached over, touched my hand, and then sniffed her fingers.

I was at first panicked, as I thought she was going for my camera. Then I was in love, as I realized she just wanted to know where she could get a pair of my shiny gloves.

Edited by NancyGormezano