sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

renwing subs

steve392

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

The thing I'd do to force a reactivation...

In your Hash Inc folder inside where A:M is installed simply move the master0.lic file to another place.

The next time you try to start A:M you will be prompted for your activation code and a new master0.lic file will be created with your updated expiration.

Note that renaming the file doesn't always work... A:M still tends to find it even when renamed.

Renaming will work, if you change the extension too... but by default that is not possible in windows, since "known" file formats they will be hidden (I hate that setting and deactivate it imidiately after installing Windows...)

Rename it too "master0.bak" and it will work.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Thanks Gerald, good to know.

I suppose we should look at the workflow of resubscribing a little more closely in order to avoid folks having to go into their installation folders in order to locate and then move or rename any file.

There are both pros and cons to that manual part of the process... pro... A:M users should know a little about where A:M is installed as that can benefit them should they desire to add shaders, plugins, etc. or troubleshoot or simply explore.

The con is that resubscribing should be as smooth a process as possible. For instance, a method to go to the Help menu and select an option to 'Reactivate Subscription' might (behind the scenes) simply rename the license file or move it to the data folder... then toss up a dialog box that says 'Restart A:M and enter your activation code OK/Cancel'... which then would relaunch A:M in a state where no license file is present. I'm sure this might very occasionally cause someone to say they accidentally UNactivated their subscription by running Reactivate Subscription. But the fix/troubleshooting for that would be straightforward... Locate and enter your current activation code. Can't find your code? Locate it via the Hash Inc store or via the means of how you obtained the activation code. None of that 'locate an obscure file and rename it... no... rename the extension... or move it somewhere else... or just wait until your subscription expires... or....

I trust you follow my point.

It is always good that A:M Users can troubleshoot their own problems but it is far better if unnecessary troubles can be avoided.

The problem is usually not with people... but processes.... workflows.

It has been awhile since I got to the final stage of expiration but I assume that upon actual expiration A:M will prompt for the activation code so that in and of itself is an optimal workflow (if such is the case).

I suppose that approach is technically the most optimal as it allows the user to get every available second squeezed out of a new subscription as opposed to losing the time of overlap where time is lost on the expiring subscription. That time isn't wasted of course... it is in effect given back to Hash Inc.who can use it to invest in our future.

Steve,

Let us know if you have any problems reactivating! :)