sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Questions on old AM versions

Roger

• *A:M User*

The oldest versions of AM I have are the hold MH:3D version 3 and AM version 5. Version 5 is probably the oldest version I would consider the modern version we all know and love. I'm trying to remember if v3 was a win 3.1 release or if it was the first to require 95. I know v5 was 95/98/NT. Anyone out there know?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Rodger... I am not even sure if someone here has used that... Heiner, Robert and Rodney may be able to answer that... I myself started with v8, so I can't be of use there... ;)

Anyway what do you plan with that version? ;)

• *A:M User*

One of my hobbies is retrocomputing, I wondered if I had in my collection of old AM disks a version that would run under OS/2 via the Win 3.1/3.11 compatibility layer, but the oldest version I have is version 3 which I am pretty sure is Win95 only. I would probably have to go back to the days of Playmation to find something that would run under 3.1 or via the win 3.1 compatibility feature of OS/2.

Keep in mind, this really isn't for any practical reason, just for fun I guess.

• Hash Fellow

When I got v3 I was still on a Mac.

I do recall installing it on Win 2000 a few years ago just to look at it again so i presume it ran on Window 95. I don't know if it also ran on Widows 3.1

The installer won't run on Windows 7.