Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pose Sliders

Working in V17g under OSX 10.68

I'm trying to setup some pose sliders to move the fingers in the 2008 rig. I've previously been advised that its not best practice but, for what is presently underway, it works well enough. Managed to get them installed for one character but, the second is proving difficult.

When I open the model in amodel window the relevant bones and nulls are visible. If I select the "New Pose" option the finger Bones and nulls disappear and only the finger controller and Hand bone are visible. Can someone kindly point out how to get the bones back to visible ?

Thanks

simon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

There may be a pose that is ON by default that makes some bones not visible when the model is used in a chor or a Pose.

If you find it, turn OFF the "Define Relationships" button before you turn that Pose OFF in your new Pose, then turn "Define Relationships" back on before you key the bones in the Pose that you want to work with.

Robert, Mat, Nancy,

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, I got to them slightlly too late ( my mistake ). I found a work around which was a bit of a pain, but I shall try your suggesstions next time.

The work around was to shift click unhide the hand bone.

That revealed everything.

I moved the appropriate nulls to get the pose sliders done,

then had to go back into the PWS to delete all the relationship keys for the bones that were unhidden and otherwise unusued.

It was a bit tedious doing it six times but it worked.

regards

simon