Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bones in the Chor Timeline

A few months back I asked a question about accidental changes of bones heirachy in the chor.

The problem is that, it is sometimes possible to change the heirachy by accidentally dragging the bone in the PWS. If you spot it before going too far you can revert but, if not, you get the problem illustrated here.

Heirachy.jpg

The heel has become part of the knee heirachy.

My recollection is that, the only way to overcome that, was to delete the bone, then go back in and reset the keys at the appropriate points ?

Have been working away on the dance sequence and saving iterations as I go . Only have 10-15 seconds to go ( out of 90 ) so a bit reluctant to go back and redo all 80 seconds worth of one bone, but will do if necessary.

Is there a way to restore the heirachy, other than tthe method mentioned above?

regards

simon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Simon,

I've yet to encounter this problem so take this suggestion with a pinch of salt...

I wonder if this could not be fixed by using a text editor?

Something like Text Wrangler where you can compare differences between to versions of a file. You could see how it should be in the last good save and then change the bad one in the relevant area to match.

I have never tried this but it might be worth considering.

It goes without saying you do this with COPY'S of the files in question!

• Hash Fellow

It turns out I have previously reported that as a bug that has returned in v18. Steffen marked it as "closed" so we'll have to wait for his return to pursue that.

Let me know if you are stumped on fixing it with text editing.

Robert

Thank you very much for the earlier tutorial. It was very helpful. It took me a couple of attempts to achieve it but got there in the end.

I was getting lost in all the info in the project file so saved out the faulty chor as a text file and edited that instead.

Saved the keys as an action file and will apply that in the original chor.

This was a brief test to see if it worked. His foot dips at the end but thats something that needed correction before.Ska Lake correction.mov

Its been an arduous process and I had to go and work some of it off by painting the garden shed with wood preservative at one point but, rewarding to have got it in the end.

regards

simon