sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation / Computer graphics magazines

Roger

• *A:M User*

I think I may have posted this once before. I'm having a heck of a time finding back issues of this publication:

http://www.3dartist.com/

It looks like at one point they offered back issues but that no longer appears to be the case, as only the main page of that website functions and seems to be more a placeholder/memorial than anything.

I have a few issues in my posession (maybe 6 or so). They had pretty good AM coverage, Mike Caputo (whatever happened to him?) was one of their contributors. There was typically an AM article in each issue.

There is a current publication called 3d Artist but it features mainly Maya and Max content:

http://www.3dartistonline.com/

I think there may also be a magazine called 3d Design but I haven't seen it in a while so maybe not.

Anyone have any thoughts on where I might find back issues of the original 3d Artist? I checked the Internet Archive but either I'm not searching it properly or they don't have any. My next thought was to try the public county library.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help you with back issues but I see that in that "memorial" window they do mention contacting them if you want back issues and there is an email address (in yellow text) at the bottom of the window. There might still be a person at the other end of it. Might be worth a try...

I can't help you with back issues but I see that in that "memorial" window they do mention contacting them if you want back issues and there is an email address (in yellow text) at the bottom of the window. There might still be a person at the other end of it. Might be worth a try...

Yeah, already tried emailing webmaster@3dartist.com and get a bounceback, so it is clearly a defunct site at this point. Not sure who is paying the bill to host it if no one is maintaining it.

You can visit parts of the site via the Wayback Machine, but apparently they stopped publishing in 2002. Perhaps they maintain the web hosting just to make the current 3D Artist magazine will have to pay them for the domain name.

Are you interested in whole back issues or only A:M articles?

I have issues 44, 45, 46, 47 (1991, days of A:M 8.5) with 2 pagers A:M articles by Petr Sorfa in them.

Yes, definitely. PM me and let me know what you want for them.