sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

www.greentoken.de (Online Model Converter)

Rodney

• Admin

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this out yet but spotted it and wanted to see if anyone had given it a shot.

Anyone?

http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

Obviously when you upload a model you have shared it with the server.

If the model you want to convert is precious to you and you don't want it out there then don't use these types of converters.

Here's the basic info (from the website):

Online 3D Model Converter

is a handy tool to convert 3D models from one file format to another. There are literally thousands of different 3D file formats and most modellers, game editors or related tools support only a few - but interestingly almost never the file format that one happens to need.

The list of supported input file formats is quite exhaustive and includes Collada, 3DS, Blender, OBJ, DXF, LWO, STL, PLY and approximately 25 others.

Supported output formats include Collada, 3DS, X, OBJ, PLY, STL and more.

You can upload up to 10 files with a total size of 20 MiB. If the model data is split across several files (i.e. MD5, OBJ), make sure to upload all files.

See the FAQ for the details. By uploading files, you agree to the terms of use.

© 2013 by Alexander Gessler (My Website, Github) - Impress

Looking for a powerful (and free) viewer for 3D files in any of these formats? Check back shortly, I have one in development.

If enough people upload .MDL files (which will fail to convert) maybe they'll write a converter for A:M model files. ;)

One can dream.

The author is a/the developer behind the Open Asset Import Library (Assimp) and associated viewer (C++ etc.): http://assimp.sourceforge.net/ Features of the Library include:

Written in portable, ISO-compliant C++

Easily configurable and customizable

Core interface / API is provided for both C++ and C

Command-line interface to perform common operations (i.e. quick file stats, convert models, extract embedded textures) from the shell

Imports bones, vertex weights and animations (i.e. skinning, skeletal animations)

Loads multiple UV and vertex color channels (current limit is 8)

Works well with UNICODE input files

Supports complex multi-layer materials

Supports embedded textures, both compressed (e.g. PNG) or just raw color data

No external dependencies except boost (zlib and irrxml are also needed, but they're included in the repository so you don't need to bother). And there's even a workaround to compile Assimp without boost - with some minor limitations.

Due to its export interface, Assimp serves as general-purpose 3D model converter

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic