sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Learn to Code Bundle - name your price

Roger

• *A:M User*

I stumbled across this today and thought it might interest some of you on here:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-name-your...?aid=a-a6bl7rbm

I missed the "After Effects Clone" sale and can't remember the name of the program, maybe someone could post it in this thread.

Anyway, this seems a wee bit Mac oriented, but the other stuff is cross platform for sure. Looks like a steal.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft had the Visual studio c++ out for free for learning. In just a few short moments I learned how to copy and paste code someone else already did, even learned how to click the "compile" button. Before I could actually slap chunks of other stuff that was already done together to attempt to make something almost usefull the program expired. They never mentioned it was in some time trial.

Want to learn programming go to a school. Books that are out there are useless, the skip over what you really need to know and never really teach you the low level essentials or even proper file structure. Programming isn't what it used to be. More like scripting and you will notice bugs in one application often show up in others.

One of the reasons I like AM, it's old school and built from the bottom up. Programmers here are some of the best.

• Hash Fellow

I recall there used to be a series of computer books that promised a "visual" approach to learning. Instead of explaining things with lots of text they were going to do it with pictures.

So I get their visual guide to learning Javascript. Instead of plain text on the page it's... pictures of text on the page. :D

• *A:M User*

Just popping in on my lunch break here. So this is completely useless then? I wasn't going to spend more than $20 because I"m a bottom feeder, but if this isn't even worth that then I won't bother.

Based on the comments it would appear that way. Not that I was looking at this as a way to switch careers, more of someting to do when I'm not working on my movie or when I get stuck on it.

• Hash Fellow

I'll note that there are quite a few websites that have free lessons on coding and programming in various languages. I would check those out first and see if one suits your fancy. The basics are pretty similar in most cases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

My coding tutorial story...

Back when i worked at Nortel we had a slow patch of work so I was asked to give a presentation to the group on "Flash" (as if one could explain it all in an hour).

i decided to limit myself to Flash ActionScript and explained making a loop to count things as a basic example.

I devised a demonstration where each person was line of code and had to do one thing before passing control to the next person and when the count got to 10 the loop would stop. We did that and got our loop to count to 10 and stop as planned.

Then one woman in the class says "Well, that's stupid! Why would anyone use a computer to count to 10?!?!"

Punchline... she later became my supervisor.