sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Sony Duo laptop with stylus

pixelplucker

It seems the Sony Duo Viao 13 has pressure sensitivity with it's stylus as well as touch.

I read some wheres that the pressure sensitivity is not working even though it is supported and am guessing that Wacom never gave Sony the proper driver. I can't seem to get any answers on this from the manufacturers and there aren't any retail stores around here that stock them to try one out.

I was wondering if anyone has tried one and if so how good is it?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Wacom offers a generic pendriver for tablets on its website.

I have a Motion Computing tablet that is "Wacom Penabled" (it's supposed to say that if it can use a wacom pen)

I have gotten the wacom driver to work very spottily. It seems to have trouble staying recognized as the right driver.

That is with "Windows XP Tablet" which is ancient. I hope things are better now.

Ahh so Sony wasn't the only one plagued with this issue. Now I have to find a place that actually sells one that I can test and see if it's descent.

Robcat, did you try one of the bamboo drivers? I have an old Graphire that no longer has the original driver for it but the Bamboo driver works perfectly on it. Graphires came out way before the 64 bit os's did. Bamboo driver is 64 bit.