Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problems with integrated GPUs?

Roger

• *A:M User*

I have a laptop with an Optimus chipset, that can switch back and forth between an integrated GPU and a Quadro 2000. I have noticed that there are some problems when scrubbing through a timeline, it seems like it is dropping frames (Robcat knows what I'm talking about). Is this a known issue with integrated graphics? Or maybe it is something with the way optimus switches between the integrated GPU and the discrete GPU. I hate to completely disable the integrated GPU, it will kill my battery life. Is anyone else out there experiencing problems with integrated GPUs on laptops?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

I guess I can try disabling the iGPU and see what happens. Any known issues with Nvidia/Quadro graphics? I've noticed sometimes when I draw a bounding box the selection sometimes disappears.

There are redraw or refresh issues with the Quadro cards. Though not nearly as severe as version 16. You will notice that as you model the screen will only refresh in a tiny box. Simply minimize the model window and bring it back up. Some reason F5 doesn't do anything. More of a subtle annoyance than anything.