Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Technical Reference

I downloaded the technical reference help for the mac today and placed in in the the program folder as instructed.

Please excuse the question but, how do I now access it from within the program.

When I used to work on PC's there was a keyboard shortcut ( F12 ? ) that brought up the help option.Its been a few years since then. Is there a similar option on the Mac and, if so, what is it ?

regards

simon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

i believe the tech ref feature needs to be recoded. The old form (compiled HTML) no longer works because of a security change in Windows.

Steffen is working on it.

For now, use text search in the PDF version of the tech ref.

Hi Simon,

I don't think there is any built-in Help for the Mac version of A:M anymore, hasn't been for a long time.

We just have the downloadable PDF to look for things now.

Mark

Thank you for your reply.

I had wondered about that? It was on a link I followed up from the front page when you open up the program, and it specifically mentioned Macs, so thought that must be the case. I've bought several copies of the tech ref over the years. Is there any news as to when it might be available for Macs ?

On an unrelated question. Have you had any trouble with the settings within tools for the rotate option in V17 ? I set my limit to 0.1 degree, saved and carried on but, it sometimes reverts back to 5 degrees as the minimum rotate. The draw hair in the render panel keeps coming back too, although there has been forum discussion about that before.

regards

simon

i believe the tech ref feature needs to be recoded. The old form (compiled HTML) no longer works because of a security change in Windows.

Steffen is working on it.

For now, use text search in the PDF version of the tech ref.

Robert

Pardon. I didn't see your reply initially. Thank you.

We've collectively had the discussion regarding help files in the past. It will be a definite bonus when they are working again. Across all skill levels.

regards

simon

I'm afraid you're not going to like this answer but no I've not had any problems so far with those two settings, sorry!

Could the snap angle not be sticking because its less than a degree?

Mine's set to 1. For very fine changes I zoom in and then hold down the Option key as I rotate things. This overrides the snapping from one degree to the next.

Snapshot of my settings as of a few minutes ago;

Screen_Shot_2013_08_06_at_18.32.18.png

Screen_Shot_2013_08_06_at_18.33.41.png

I'm afraid you're not going to like this answer but no I've not had any problems so far with those two settings, sorry!

Could the snap angle not be sticking because its less than a degree?

Mine's set to 1. For very fine changes I zoom in and then hold down the Option key as I rotate things. This overrides the snapping from one degree to the next.

Snapshot of my settings as of a few minutes ago;

Mark

Thank you for your reply and help.

I didn't know you could do that. I shall try it today.

regards

simon