sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

T-virus

HeadlessBill

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... :blink:

how did you get such reflections?

Well, the level of reflections is set to the default 2. Usually for my final final renders, I up it to 5. Also the percentage of reflections is low. I usually rarely go over 25% on reflections unless I'm going for a specific look. The reflections on the chrome caps are at 10% I believe and the glass of the vials is at 20%. I don't have the file on this computer to check, but I'll get the correct ones to you once I get the chance.

Yep, I like the quality of the coloured tubing too. Don`t know what to suggest because everything looks great as it is to me.

Thanks. Personally, I'd like to make the caps a brushed metal texture, since that was more of how they were in the movie. I've just been having troubles producing something procedurally that I've been happy with.

Also I feel that there is something just slightly off on the glass, but I cannot put my finger on it. But I could also be wrong. I am my worst critic.

An example of what I'm trying to recreate is here:

Screen Captures

Also I'm going for realistic, but not photo realistic, if you get my drift.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know how clean a look you want of these canisters but if you want them to look use you should add a little corrosion and some dings.

If you are going for a clean look you've got a pretty good handle on it.

looking forward to see it progress

Mike