sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Alois Nebel

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the look of this!

Mat

I went to see it and it did look very impressive indeed. My reservation was that the way it was done caused it to look disjointed at times on the movements of the figures. It looked as though it was done in tonal layers and sometimes there seemed to be a slight slipping of the facial plane when the outline stayed constant, for example. That may have been intentional, to add to the overall feel of it, but I found it a bit off putting. It is very Eastern European in story and narrative style and I may have missed a lot of what was going on because of that. Hope that doesn't sound too pompous!

regards

simon

I'd love to learn more about this filmmaking method... looks to be the same used in 'A Scanner Darkly'- and in all those Charles Shwab commercials. As a guy who did his share of rotoscoping... I am in awe of the perfection in this technique and it's illustrative qualities.

I'd love to learn more about this filmmaking method... looks to be the same used in 'A Scanner Darkly'- and in all those Charles Shwab commercials. As a guy who did his share of rotoscoping... I am in awe of the perfection in this technique and it's illustrative qualities.

Matt

I had a quick look to see if there were any references I could find and this was the only one so far,

"Tonight I met one of the animators of "Alois Nebel", and he told me the whole production was done with vector masks in After Effects CS4. Imagine the clumsiness!

Looking forward to see the film which probably will get some limited distribution around year's end here."

There is a complete upload of the film on Youtube but didn't want to post the link in case I infringe etiquette at the least...

regards

simon