sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Water works

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very cool. It's not quite clear how he's getting the two directions of wave to get the circular coil shape.

Robert

A friend more scientific than me said that the visual are partly a result of the recording process of the video camera. Because the camera runs at a certain rate, if the sound is synced to the same rate the intervals between frames the image will be frozen, speed up or reversed as a result. He likened it to the way the wagon wheels in westerns appeared to go backwards because of the frame rate of the film camera causing a strobing affect. He also used the analogy of the marks they used to put on the side of turntables so you could set the speed correctly

Still impressive, even when you know how its done !

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

The 24fps strobing I understand, but the wave from the speaker is only one plane and he is getting two planes of movement to make the 3D spiral form rather than a flat 2D wave form that I would expect.