Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Particle Bake File Description wanted (*.par, *.pai)

Willi

hi,

i couldnt find the SDK category anymore, so i post it here.

can somebody from hash give me a file description of the baked particle files (*.par, *.pai)?

i assume that *.par is storing the particle positions per frame and *.pai the particle index number, right?

but this files are binary and i want to know how they are written. and is there the possibility to acess particle data via the sdk?

my goal is to import other particle simulations from other applications (like realflow, xsi ICE, etc.)

another thing is, that the user can not define where those baked particle files are stored. they alway be stored in the application install location in the library folder.

even if i change the library folder location in AM, they always go to their default location.

this is bad if you want to do network rendering, because the clients will not find the baked particle files.

the only workaround at the moment is to copy the baked files to a shared location and then manually open the chor or proj in a texteditor and hardcode the new locations...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
another thing is, that the user can not define where those baked particle files are stored. they alway be stored in the application install location in the library folder.

The are supposed to be saved where the PRJ has been saved. Save a PRJ first, even if you are normally only saving chors.

• Hash Fellow

can somebody from hash give me a file description of the baked particle files (*.par, *.pai)?

Do an AMReport for that request. Steffen has changed the baking code several times so he probably knows about it.

• Admin

The Software Development Kit (SDK) forum is a bit buried at the moment, mostly because folks have to contact Steffen directly to get access to the most current SDK.

The SDK forum will be back again but for now various development efforts are mostly collected in the User Led / 3rd Party Development Forum. Development topics posted elsewhere in the forum eventually get moved there.