Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TEXTURE PROBLEMS

I can't get projection maps to apply as anything but spherical. I don't know what's up, probably me being an idiot somehow. I was wanting either a difuse map, or a color map (or both) but I can't get them to actually show up on my model unless I have the interpolation set to spherical. Otherwise, it doesn't show up at all. Any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If u just want to apply a material then just drag and drop it unto the group name....

Yes, I know that's the way it's supposed to work, but it isn't. In the pic you can see that the material is applied to the group, but isn't rendering as anything. It looks the same when it's set to "cylindrical". If I set it to "spherical", it will render, but as lines streaking out from the middle of the object. Far from what I'm wanting. <_<

post-7-1079140915.jpg

Ohh, you have AM 7.x :) . Your problem is due to the way AM handles projection maps. After you apply the mat to the model, you have to fiddle with the material shortcut offsets and scale to make the map 'fit' the model. the mat always sets the default map axis at 0,0,0. SO... to make it fit your model group:

simply select the group and look at the properties panel. Take a note of the pivot location. This is the center of the group.

Type in the offset in the mat shortcut panel. You might have to adjust this a little for odd shaped groups

Now that the map is correctly positioned, you have to change the scale, either with the shortcut properties, or within the projection mat itself ( this only works for planar and cylindrical).

I think after you do this, your problem will go away. Practice on a sphere in another project to get the hang of it. Hope this helps.

Javier