sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rotate view controls on status bar... where'd they go?

rusty

Hi,

Can someone tell me what forum I should put posts like this?

I'm back on v14. There use to be controls on the status bar to rotate the view by specific degrees and axis but I don't see this anymore (in modeling mode). Is there still a way to do this?

Thanks!

Rusty

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still there for me. Go to the View menu and make sure "Status Bar" is still ON.

Hm... are you on V14? Weird!! Are you in a modeling window? BTW, Status Bar is on and I see it but there is nothing on the right side. I have two large flat screens and keep all pallets on the secondary monitor. AM is full screen in the primary monitor. I'm not on my devl system right now but next time I am I'll fool around and see if I can get the controls to appear.

Thanks,

Rusty

They are still there for me. Go to the View menu and make sure "Status Bar" is still ON.

Hm... are you on V14? Weird!! Are you in a modeling window? BTW, Status Bar is on and I see it but there is nothing on the right side. I have two large flat screens and keep all pallets on the secondary monitor. AM is full screen in the primary monitor. I'm not on my devl system right now but next time I am I'll fool around and see if I can get the controls to appear.

Thanks,

Rusty

If u didnt do it till now u may want to reset A:M to the default settings...

See u

*Fuchur*

Thanks,

Rusty

If u didnt do it till now u may want to reset A:M to the default settings...

See u

*Fuchur*

Oh, that would be painful! Anyway to save custom shortcut keys and/or settings?

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway to save custom shortcut keys and/or settings?

they are in the .MAC file in the dir your master.exe is in.

Thanks! That helped but not with the controls... if I open A:M (without opening a project or model) the controls are there. However, once I open anything the progress bar (showing the progress of opening the file) stays on the status bar covering the controls. Probably on old issue in V14--I don't see anyway around it.

Rusty

• Hash Fellow

They're there in v16. I know I used them to realign some viewpoints when i was doing screen cams.

It must be a v14 bug, never reported. I've reported some status line bugs since then that have been fixed, maybe that fixed your bug too.

They're there in v16. I know I used them to realign some viewpoints when i was doing screen cams.

It must be a v14 bug, never reported. I've reported some status line bugs since then that have been fixed, maybe that fixed your bug too.

I'd upgrade in a second if I could figure out how I could still use my 8 pc render farm. Well, depending on the cost... between college costs for my daughter and my son's wedding next month we're broke!

r

• Hash Fellow

I'd upgrade in a second if I could figure out how I could still use my 8 pc render farm. Well, depending on the cost... between college costs for my daughter and my son's wedding next month we're broke!

You might inquire as to what the cost of v16 plus the extra nodes would be. NetRender is included in V16 but it's 4 nodes at the base price.