Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bake results out of sequence

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I have a scene with particles that, when baked, has the particles apparently jumping back and forth from where they should be in time.

For example "falling" particles might go down, down, up, down, down, up... instead of down, down, down, down...

Is there a cause?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not fooled with fluid material particles much. However I tested for a chor length =24, deleted all your dynamic settings in the instance, and instead, changed the fluid material settings to be the same as your initial value instance settings (except left cull, recursive solving = OFF), and I was able to get it to behave more properly. I usually find that whenever particles seem to be misbehaving (hair and other things) that I have better luck if I change the properties in the original material, rather than the instance.

However, even tho I could get the fluid to behave better, it appeared that rendering (1 pass) does not use the baked values, and would recompute, as the render time would go up in "computing fluid systems"

particle24baked0.mov

particle24settings.jpg

• Hash Fellow
I found that 15j would use the baked results when rendering (render time = 1-2 sec/pass for all frames), 16 does not seem to use them (render time increases from 1 sec to 9sec/pass).

this is another thing I was wondering about. Even when the number of particles isn't increasing the render time seems to keep going up and up.