rendering issue with forces

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
Have the magnitude change from positive to negative at each location.

explain what you mean by that one. If the first one changes from positive to negative then it's already negative at the second one and can't change from positive to negative again unless there was some other key that made it positive again.

Post your PRJ for what you mean.

see attached project.

ignore my specs above.

what i have found out so far.

Not caused by baking

Not caused by net render

Not caused by Forces

Usually starts around frame 18 or later.

can be seen in the render lock mode.

Will someone check if earlier versions of AM dont have this problem. I am on 16a

Sparks4_explosion_fina5.prj

I am having so much trouble and its not just the lines that are the problems.

It appears that after you re open a project all the keys you made no longer work in the chore. I dont get it. For example in the projject I have posted it actually days down after like 14 frames. but when you re open the project it just keeps going for ever ignoring the keys.

• Hash Fellow

There's stuff missing. It wants me to find a file with no name...

Capture.JPG

I'm also missing "Shortcut to Material1_0.par" that's a baking file. Can you put up a PRJ that doesn't need either of those, then I'll know I'm testing the same thing you are.

Going ahead I found i could make a keyframe to reduce the emission rate to 0 and it woudl survive a save and reload, but it was in a new "shortcut to", the original one is being ignored.

TwoEmitters.JPG

I have seen this before. We should ascertain the circumstances that cause the original material channels to be ignored. Is it because it was baked at some point??

• Hash Fellow

looking at teh PRJ in a text editor I see that the channels that are being ignored start ike this...

MatchName=Shortcut to Material1

MatchName=Streak Emitter

the channel that is being recognized starts like this

MatchName=Material1
Name=Shortcut to Material1

MatchName=Streak Emitter

I'm not sure what that means but it's a clue.

• Hash Fellow
That whole asking for an asset with no name has been happening to me constantly? There is no reason for it. I don't understand. It does not matter what project I am working on.

If you start a blank project, save it and reload it, you still get that?

That whole asking for an asset with no name has been happening to me constantly? There is no reason for it. I don't understand. It does not matter what project I am working on.

If you start a blank project, save it and reload it, you still get that?

No but the but on the projects it does ask for. Everything is there in the project its not missing anything even when you cancel what its looking for. Strange right?

I assumed this was a known issue. I ddint flag it because it does not seem to cause any problems with my projects because like I said all the assets are int he project.

• Hash Fellow

If I load your original file into a text editor and change

MatchName=Shortcut to Material1

MatchName=Streak Emitter

to be like this

MatchName=Material1

Name=Shortcut to Material1

MatchName=Streak Emitter

and load that into A:M, then your original emission rate keys are recognized again.

• Hash Fellow

I spotted one at 0:20 and a few later. I dont' see any correlation between the lines and any keyframes.

It can't be a Force because there's no force in the chor.

Since they are rather infrequent and the particle effect is brief, I'd say paint the lines out of the affected frames and hunt for the cause later. That will get your shot done today.

You can use the simple progressive render and step frame by frame to find them. I tried delting things like forces to no avail.

Deleting keys will solve the problem but the problem often comes back unexpectedly.

I deleted/simplified most settings, ie, just about everything in your (Robert's?) project except left only the sphere/spark material.

I noticed you had force.y = 99.9 % in the spark material

I noticed that when I changed that value, the placement, appearance of errant lines would change (frame 23 in my project).

In my frame 23, I could make lines go away if I kept force.y less than 97.

Play with the force values to see when they disappear for you.

force96.jpg

force98.jpg