Render in 48-bit color

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, does anyone know how to render in 48 bit color in AM?

To get the really loooooong gray scales

Redgards

KG Holmqvist

As far as I now: Not possible... A:M only supports up to 32bit-output per channel with OpenEXR. Actually I hear for the first time of 48 bit images.

What do you need that for? 32bit is already a very large color-space / dynamic-range...

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

A:M implements the most accurate compression schemes of OpenEXR, which i believe use 32-bit floating point numbers for each channel (except PXR24)

OpenEXR.png

A 32-bit floating point channel should make for a very, very long gray scale. :)

A:M doesn't implement the "lossy" B44 and B44A, AFAIK.

You can read about all OpenEXR's compression options in this PDF under "Data compression"

I dont know of any format that uses a 48-bit integer for each channel, is there one?

A:M implements the most accurate compression schemes of OpenEXR, which i believe use 32-bit floating point numbers for each channel (except PXR24)

post-544-1315155992_thumb.png

A 32-bit floating point channel should make for a very, very long gray scale. :)

A:M doesn't implement the "lossy" B44 and B44A, AFAIK.

You can read about all OpenEXR's compression options in this PDF under "Data compression"

I dont know of any format that uses a 48-bit integer for each channel, is there one?

Thank you very much for the advices.I'll do some tests. What I meant with 48 bit color is 16 bit for each color - R G and B.

Floating point 32 will do fine......

Regards

KG Holmqvist