Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Are Collada .dae exports Available through A:M?

southpawami

First off... I'm new to making 3D things. Classes in 3D start in the fall, and I spent a bit of the summer trying every trial available to me. Including, Maya, 3ds max, Shade12, Wings, blender, ProjectMessiah, Modo, Milkshape, Moment Of Inspiration, AC3D, Silo, Hexagon, SketchUp, Houdini... and probably some others I don't remember. I don't know of a trial for Animation Master so that's why I'm asking this silly question... and maybe perhaps making a feature suggestion for a future update.

I've noticed Collada import and export is now in blender, wings, mirye shade, google sketchup, sidefx houdini, and luxology modo for sure. Is Collada import and export in Animation Master? And if not, will it be in the near future?

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off... I'm new to making 3D things. Classes in 3D start in the fall, and I spent a bit of the summer trying every trial available to me. Including, Maya, 3ds max, Shade12, Wings, blender, ProjectMessiah, Modo, Milkshape, Moment Of Inspiration, AC3D, Silo, Hexagon, SketchUp, Houdini... and probably some others I don't remember. I don't know of a trial for Animation Master so that's why I'm asking this silly question... and maybe perhaps making a feature suggestion for a future update.

I've noticed Collada import and export is now in blender, wings, mirye shade, google sketchup, sidefx houdini, and luxology modo for sure. Is Collada import and export in Animation Master? And if not, will it be in the near future?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Southpawami,

welcome to the forum :).

Till now there is no Collada-import / export in A:M.

You can however use the directX-export-plugin to get A:M to export to Collada.

For a workflow for that see my signature about FBX-Pipeline to Unity / DirectX-Pipeline to Quest3d. It does the same with the FBX-format and it will although work with the collada-fileformat.

There is no realy way to import Collada-files to A:M till now. It may be introduced in future, but till now the import is only possible for OBJ, 3ds, PLY, LWO and DXF.

In general, importing from a polyformat to A:M is not easy, so doable, depending on the object you want to import.

See you

*Fuchur*