sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bird's Eye view when modeling

Roger

• *A:M User*

I often use Bird's Eye view when modeling, rotating parts to make sure they look ok, etc. However, since some parts are far away from wherever the pivot happens to be, its often difficult to use Bird's Eye to rotate around a single part. Does everyone else move the pivot to do this, or would I be better off using the rotate manipulator?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I often use Bird's Eye view when modeling, rotating parts to make sure they look ok, etc. However, since some parts are far away from wherever the pivot happens to be, its often difficult to use Bird's Eye to rotate around a single part. Does everyone else move the pivot to do this, or would I be better off using the rotate manipulator?

That depends on what you want to do. Are we talking about the pivot of the camera or the pivot of a group? I assume we are talking about the group-pivot.

In general, I doesnt move the pivot (of a group) but just move the cps where I want them and than rotate them the way I want them to be. In most cases I dont work with groups as I defined them but move the

I only use the pivot if I need to create very precise models where it is really important if it differse a few degrees or not.

See you

*Fuchur*

As dblhelix said, you can select a single CP and Birdseye view will rotate around that CP. You can also select a group of CPs, or just drag-select a bunch of CPs in the Modeling window, and Birdseye view will rotate around the pivot of that group.