sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Now that I have rendered some tga frames

bubba

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you're on a Mac with QTv.10? It's a nice app but still without a lot of the functionality of QTv.7.x, so loading up an image sequence of targa's won't work. there's a way of importing them right back into A:M that I've seen described but don't know exactly how it works. Someone else here may be able to say.

EDIT: should have said QuickTime Pro. There is no Pro version of QTv.10 as far as I know. QTv.7 Pro would be the easiest way and I think it' still $29.

To import a series of images into A:M.

Make sure your images are named in sequential order. (img_01.tga, img_02.tga, img_03.tga etc)

Right-click on the Images folder and choose Import > Animation or Image Sequence.

Make sure the box at the bottom of the file chooser labeled "Import as an animation or a sequence of images" is checked.

Select only the first image in the sequence.

Hit the "Open" button.

To save an image sequence as a movie.

Right-click on the image sequence you just imported and choose "Save Animation As".

Click on the box with three dots to open a "Save Animation As" window.

navigate to the folder in which you want to save your movie.

In the File Type box at the bottom of the window, type the name of your movie, followed by ".mov" or ".avi" - depending on if you want a Quicktime or avi movie.

It is important to type the ".mov" or ".avi" after the file name because A:M will not add that bit automatically, even if you choose the file type from the "Save as Type" menu.

Hit the "OK" button.

Back in the "Save Animation" window, hit the "Compression" button to choose the compression type and amount.