sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Saving a model?

bill0287

Am I missing something obvious...how do I edit and save (overwrite) just a model?

For example:

I start AM

Go to File > New > Model

Then I drag into the modeling window one of the CD based models, say the DUCK for example.

I edit the model a bit

I right click, and "SAVE" is grayed out... so I cannot save the model

My CD Library is on the local hard drive.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something obvious...how do I edit and save (overwrite) just a model?

For example:

I start AM

Go to File > New > Model

Then I drag into the modeling window one of the CD based models, say the DUCK for example.

I edit the model a bit

I right click, and "SAVE" is grayed out... so I cannot save the model

My CD Library is on the local hard drive.

Thanks

You need to select "Save As" and navigate to some folder/location on your hard drive. "Save" is trying to save it in the original location on the CD (which is not possible)

All the details are in my first message.

I opened a model that is on the local hard drive (not the CD), edited it some, then right-clicked... the Save option is unavailable, only Save As is available.

(edit)

I just noticed that :

- if I DRAG the model from the Library icon onto a "new" modeler window and edit it - Save IS NOT available

- if I use File Open and navigate to the model,open it, and then edit it - Save IS available

- if I double-click on the model icon in the library, it opens a modeler window, then I edit it - Save IS available

This seems like a bug in the library or something when using drag and drop.

• Hash Fellow
- if I DRAG the model from the Library icon onto a "new" modeler window and edit it - Save IS NOT available

In this new case the new model has no name yet. It needs a Save As to establish a name for further "Save"ing. It's not a bug it's a feature. That's my theory.

I've never used the library in 15 years of A:M'ing, though.