Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Model Silhouette Issues

Rob_T

Pixel has made a wonderful Remedy model that I've been playing with but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to view right in render lock. Every time I do take a look in render lock it's nothing but IPod commercials.

I've attached the model file and an image. If anyone knows what boneheaded thing I'm doing wrong I would appreciate an explanation so I can feel suitably stupid.

I'm using 13.0i

;)

EDIT: I should mention that rendering to file works fine (see second attached image) it's just render lock that gives me Apple commercials. It's frustrating for me because I'm working with Pixel and Wedgie on these models and it's hard for me to tell Pixel if the model looks right because I can't look at it quickly in render lock. I have to either choose to render a static image or go with what I see in the wireframe and shaded mode which we all know isn't the best representation of what a model will look like when it's rendered.

remedyresend.png

Remedy_r.zip

IK_Arms0.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latest version of 13 is v13.0t...it probably couldn't hurt to get that first.

I had no problem with the model in v13.0t. My guess it's your render settings..."Options/Rendering". Set it to "Final Render" and turn everything else "off" and see if that clears it up.

Hope that helps, Rob.

The latest version of 13 is v13.0t...it probably couldn't hurt to get that first.

I had no problem with the model in v13.0t. My guess it's your render settings..."Options/Rendering". Set it to "Final Render" and turn everything else "off" and see if that clears it up.

Hope that helps, Rob.

You want to hear something funny? I checked this already. I went to options and made sure it was on final because that's what I thought it could be too. But when I saw it was on final I didn't do anything and it didn't make any difference.

This time I checked again and I actually accessed the dropdown menu, changed the setting to wireframe and then back to final.

And now it works fine.

And what's really frustrating is now I can't reproduce it. LOL. The pictures are the only proof I have that I even had a problem. Not that I'm complaining that the issue is solved.

As for upgrading to 13t I don't think I can. My disc 1 year membership ended a couple months ago and I'm too broke to upgrade to a new membership right now.

As some of you know I've been out of work, laid off from my 52k a year job for over two years now. Monday I begin training for a new job, as a school bus driver, for minimum wage. Part time. Gotta take what I can get at this point. Assuming that works out I'll be getting a raise once I receive my CDL (a couple months to process apparently) and once I do I'll be getting a raise that will increase my pay to almost half what I made at my old job (yippee). When that happens I'll probably buy a one year web sub but until then I'm stuck with what I got I think. ;)

Thanks for the help though. Looks like the issue is resolved and if it comes up again I know how to fix it.

As for upgrading to 13t I don't think I can. My disc 1 year membership ended a couple months ago and I'm too broke to upgrade to a new membership right now.

If you are using v13, you can download the last version of it (v13.0t)...it won't expire and is tied to the CD. If you are using the Yeti disc, download it here (Windows) or here (OSX). If you are using the TinWoodman/Scarecrow disc (the one with a mostly chrome TinWoodman), download it here (Windows, I didn't find an OSX version for v13 tied to this disc).

Hope the helps, Rob.