sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

online game

Hi everybody,

Since there`s no special game section around here, I am going to post my questions here.

I would like to do some quite simple little online games,

I don`t need realtime 3D ,so a real gameengine would be overkill.

What`s in my mind for instance, are some imagesequences you activate by mouseclick or rollover,

for example on rollover the figure starts to walk, then when you click on the character it jumps in the

air, also I would need some kind of clock for the timelimit and some accidental generator that the

scenes get exchanged from click to click.

I think all this can be done with Macromedia directors Lingo and put online with the shockwave player.

But since this program is kind of outdated and not being developed any more, I wonder if there are better

more futuresafe many platforms compatible solutions out there.

Flash comes to my mind immediatly, but it`s quite expensive, also action script seems to be quite hard to learn.

Does anybody know anything about this topic?

Is Flash the only and best solution?

Maybe Swish could do this also?

How about the solutions from Microsoft, silverlightning it`s called, I believe.

Since I am no programmer , the best thing for me would be to find a solution, where I could simply click the programming together from

modular building stones.

Any hints in the right direction would be very helpfull.

Thank you.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was attempting something a few years ago with flash, using image sequences as my MCs and whatnot and it can be done. The downside is that it guzzles up space more than using the vector tools of flash. I can code AS2 but I do not have my own copy of flash and haven't used it in 8 months. Taking a game on is a bit of a time consumer too. When I did some game work with flash, I literally spent 3 years on one game that I didn't finish cause I ran out of access to flash

Game maker 8 is FREE yes.

If you're looking to make a multiplayer game than you can register the pro edition for only $20.

there are alot more features than just that and I encourage you to get the pro version.

I made THIS if you care to check it out. It's a much more powerful tool than people know.