Meowx

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Just messing around with materials; is something like the compositing in MAX possible with A:M?

http://www.3dvalley.com/tutorialsdata/bk-shadingtut3.jpg

Something like that is what I'm looking at.

I don't know enough about MAX to follow the interface, but it resembles what we do with combiners in A:M materials. I know we have those same noise patterns in A:M.

Most of my recent material experiments make substantial use of combiners

I haven't written my book on this subject yet.

We don't yet have the ability to freely drag and rearrange nodes like in that interface (I presume it does that), but I've found moving nodes in a text editor helpful in the mean time.

Procedural materials are somewhat un-intuitive to work with. The guy who did that demo knew what he was doing and what his options were. That will be key in A:M also.

Hey Robert- I believe you can indeed drag materials nodes into different hierarchies in the pws to get different layering effects. I haven't tried it myself but in the Anzovin materials tutes I know it's done.

• Hash Fellow
Hey Robert- I believe you can indeed drag materials nodes into different hierarchies in the pws to get different layering effects. I haven't tried it myself but in the Anzovin materials tutes I know it's done.

They had an external app called a "node cloner", but that only works on files from before V13. Is that what you mean?

I'm trying actual dragging in A:M and I'm just getting a no-go symbol so far...