Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

anyone have a model of a major city?

new guy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion to try......You could try google sketchup and see if their "warehouse" has an obj of Chicago. If you have Sketchup, you could export the model as an obj and then import to Hash......BUT transfer times could be loooooonnnng...depending on the complexity of the model.

• Admin

Most models of major cities will run you several thousand dollars. I've seen detailed ones selling for upward to $7,000.

If you have models to trade (or can find someone that will work with you to trade their high quality models) this site might be of interest.

http://www.3dworldclub.com/default.aspx

I saw Chicago, New York and LA there.

There are a variety of formats available but I'd think .OBJ and .3DS will work best in most cases.

Edit: Here is the catalog of cities.

Here in the forum there have been several attempts to get city projects going and several buildings made their way to the Extra DVD but building cities takes a bit of time and commitment. Something some of us aren't intune with every day.

I had been thinking for years that it would be great to collectively build a model of my nearby Detroit, MI/Windsor, ONT area. Recently, I saw a TV show, the Red Bull Airplane Races which took place last summer over the Detroit River, and they had an INCREDIBLY accurate animation(s) of the entire area...you could see buildings way off on the horizon as well as minute details such as cars and trees, lots of trees. I guess I would check TurboSquid, they are out there...be ready to pay and convert.