sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can't See The Forest For The Treez

MJL

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

treez is standard with A:M - (no need to download) - but the treez plugin included with A:M is used when in an action - can't remember exactly how it's done - but I think you create your model with a group called base (defines bottom of tree) and some other group (named? unnamed?) that defines the canopy. Then go into an action, right click in window and choose wizard/treez ...magically a tree should appear in your model as well as in the action

just in case you haven't seen this Treez tutorial

Edited by NancyGormezano

Thank you , Nancy. Got it working.

Thank you , Holmes, for that great tutorial.

Is there a way to get the dialog menu to pop up? I'm not sure that it is necessary, but it would be interesting to see what it contains.

The canopy bone was created in the model. It controls the tree canopy guide splines. I'm not sure which dialog menu you want to access, but if it isn't covered in the tutorial, or in the user comments on the forum, it probably is not possible.

When something is unclear in one of the tutorials, it often helps to open the project file that comes with the tutorial and take a look at the model the tutorial refers to.