Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

can you create space with particle system ?

a.quaihoi

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I used to create flying-thru-stars by making a big square particle emitter far from the camera, and letting it spew streaks toward the camera. That worked real well.

You'll want to read up on particles in the tech reference.

No need to model all the stars, just use a dome with a star projection. Better yet, if you are stationary, just use a star map as a rotoscope on the camera. If you give us more details on what your scene needs to look like and whether or not you need to pan the camera across a star field, then we can help more.

No need to model all the stars, just use a dome with a star projection. Better yet, if you are stationary, just use a star map as a rotoscope on the camera. If you give us more details on what your scene needs to look like and whether or not you need to pan the camera across a star field, then we can help more.

Hi all,

Scene 01.

the shot I would like to create is one of a planet exploding with a solar flare, then of an object floating through space, then the object falling to earth as its pulled in by earths magnetic field ( I hate the term gravity ), burning as it enters the atmosphere - then cut.

Scene 02.

A shot of the sky over a desert , panning down to the horizon line ( think the roswell landscape ), a glimmer in the atmosphere, then the object hurtling down out of the sky and crashing into the ground, travelling along the surface of the ground and into a creator - yep its a typical alien ship crash landing / the style is a mixture of realistic and CG . . .

Any clues . . . I was looking into doing it with after effects post rendering, or I could get some one to animate it in say 3D max - BUT I WOULD PREFER IT TO BE DONE IN AM with minor post effects in AE if I can help it , I am not fond of the idea of mixing applications in production . . . AM IS GOOD ENOUGH TO HANDLE ALL FO THIS - I JUST GOTTA KNOW HOW . . . I have been perfecting my modelling skills so, I haven't gone into detail with lighting and material creations just yet - one thing at a time . . .