Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

NFL logo material/lighting trick?

new guy

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to AM and the forum and have a question. Does anyone know the trick to getting the materials and lights to look like the NFL Access logo/animations? Is it possible to get this look with AM? Sorry, I'm sure it's posspost-12905-1259153345_thumb.pngible, but I'm new and don't know the program very well. :(

Thanks so much in advance!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id say there are a couple ways to do this, but the overall final look is most likely not coming straight out of the renderer.

the black surface looks like it has a reflection, reflecting what appears to be a black ground and lighter sky.

the lettering.... could be anything from reflecting a white background or is set to not recieve shadows and has abit of illumination set to its surface.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

the ans is yes AM can do just about anything

i"m not sure by your question if you need to know how to make logos

or how to do lighting and add materials ect

so here's a few tuts on the logo end to get you going

they are very basic down and dirty quick examples

i would suggest going over the getting started tuts on the web for expert splining techniques

adding materials ect

good luck

j

tut.zip

A:M has a lot of strengths in the motion graphics department... like anything else, it's all 'practice and experience'. I recently cut a reel of some of my A:M 'flying logo' stuff, to show you where I am at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/campydoodles#p...B/2/Cxo8WzhWQTU

• Hash Fellow

that's glossy black plastic with a reflection map around it, with a bit of soft focus to show the halo on the very brightest parts.

All easy to do when you know how to use the program, seemingly impossible if you don't.

I realize tht's not a "how-to" answer". But to answer your question, yes, it can be done in A:M!

thank you all so much for your advice and tips. so very helpful! you are all very kind and generous.

on another note, i am simply blown away by the quality of work i have seen on this site!!! blows me away that such beautiful work can be done with software that is only $80!!!

jimd... thank you oh so much for that tut! it was and is very helpful!

john bigboote... your work is amazing! did you create all that with only AM?!

mike and robcat... you guys are awesome! totally seems to be working! just need to learn AM like you guys!

if i ever figure it out completely, i will post the project files.

again, thank you all for your time and knowledge!