sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

sweaping a color

Master chief

Ok for kicks and giggles i decided to try and make a model of some anchient guardian of sort i really dont know what to call it so ill just call it bob. like all anchient guardians i wanted to have it have the glowing lines thing and while i managed to get it to look good i did want it to "start up" with the lines flowing from the center. im sure there is a easy way to do this but so far anything iv tryed looks to square for lack of a better term

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the glowing ones, pretty much the whole model will be standing still and just plain Grey , once something triggers the eyes of bob open and the lines( the glowing part) like on the sample start glowing , at the moment they simply turn on , i would like a way to have them slowly radiate out wards till there all lit

Quick questions

Did you understand how I grouped the shape in the model

Do you understand the gradient material settings they are dependent on the size of the model in the model window

Do you know how to set up a percentage pose

Asking so I can determine the easiest way to present the tutorial

there is a gradient tut at the blog listed below click on older post on lower right

Quick questions

Did you understand how I grouped the shape in the model

Do you understand the gradient material settings they are dependent on the size of the model in the model window

Do you know how to set up a percentage pose

Asking so I can determine the easiest way to present the tutorial

there is a gradient tut at the blog listed below click on older post on lower right

yes i understood how you grouped the shape , or to that matter i saw you had the sections of the grid that where to light up selected as one group

no, i have played with gradeants but so far have not had anythng turn out

Barly , i can set up on/off poses but when trying to create percentage ones i cant seam to ge tthe timing to work, iv been told your supposed to use a slider bar but but when creating the pose none show up. i have been able to use a on/off pose to make a building of sorts unfold but thats about it

alright

John i have been fiddling around with the gradients for a bit and have at least gone some where but not to the point i need to be.

so far all i have been able to do is get a small part of a test to change a minuscule amount.

from what i know you create a new material and set it to gradient

you then set the 2 different values of which one is the same color as the rest of the tab the other is that teal glow.

i made the test tab 200 Cm X 50 cm with enough CP to make something that looks good

this may be the part where I'm failing but i set the start at 0 cm and the finish at 200. and used a pose to do this ( thanks for that help btw)

at this point i rendered and the spoken above result occurred

not sure what you were doing with the pose..unless I misunderstood you wanted the effect to flow from one end to the other of the model which the way it was set up I assume was bottom to top so only the Y direction had to be modified in the pose changing the start and end values of the gradient material I embedded the material and models into a project after I did the positions in the gradient for when the pose was 0 and then at 100 check and see what I did then ask if you have any further questions

results ..model shown twice once flipped

fix.mov

fixed.zip