Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Canon Rebel

Hi! Been a while since Ive done anything major in A:M. So I wanted to once again expand my modeling skills. So to do that I decided I want to model my camera (At least my digital one ;) ). My camera is a Canon Rebel XT. The lens I will model with it will probably be my Sigma 15-30mm F/3.5-5.6, which is a big lens. Eventually I want to model all my camera gear (Film cameras, all my lens, flashes, tripod, etc).

I just started the process, the model is in its very rough stages right now:

post-11793-1257617511_thumb.jpg

I will post an AO render when there is enough to look good :lol:

Photoman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Robcat Yes those holes are soo much fun to add, then you got the bevel them and then...

@Tralfaz I am into mostly Landscape/Macro photography but I usually have my camera with me wherever I go. I do enjoy astrophotography too, I have this sweet 50mm f/1.8 lens thats super sharp and works great for astrophotography. How is the IS on the 55-200? I want to get a IS lens but I dont have enough money...

Here is a minor update:

post-11793-1257636505_thumb.jpg post-11793-1257636514_thumb.jpg

Still modeling the main parts, everything is mostly just splines right now, havent connected them to patches yet.

Photoman

@Tralfaz I am into mostly Landscape/Macro photography but I usually have my camera with me wherever I go. I do enjoy astrophotography too, I have this sweet 50mm f/1.8 lens thats super sharp and works great for astrophotography. How is the IS on the 55-200? I want to get a IS lens but I dont have enough money...

I've just gotten back into photography this year. I've tried some astrophotography (moon, stars), nothing too fancy though. Still learning the ins and outs of the cameras and lenses. Played around with HDR photography as well, very cool stuff. The IS is very nice to have. Works fairly well, and helps keep things sharp. I also have a Canon S3 IS point and shoot camera, which is a very good camera as well.

If you are interested, you can browse through my Photobucket Account. Have some photos and models up there.

Al

@Tralfaz You got some nice photos on that photobucket ;) . Ive gotten a lot out of HDR, I usually use it to combine exposures for a perfect balance of shadows/highlights but its also useful for making background plate to be used in A:M.

Here is where I am at now, just about got the rough shape of the body, I redid the back panel. I decided that instead of modeling the hole for the buttons I will just model the buttons and layer it on top of the patch, that will also keep the patch count down too. There are some creases and wrinkles in which Im still smoothing out.

post-11793-1257750512_thumb.jpgpost-11793-1257750531_thumb.jpg

Turntable_11_8_09.mov

The hard part I *think* is going to be the popup flash and viewfinder/eyepiece. I dont know if I am going to model the flash to actually popup or not.

Photoman

The lens has 3 materials. The metallic lens base, black plastic, and the gold stripe. The lens base is just a 2 fractal sum combiners combined by another fractal sum. I had to adjust the specularity a bit to get that look.

Maybe I could get a optical diagram and create the actuall lens elements, of course that would take forever to render....

Photoman