sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

creating an Aura

Master chief

I'm trying to recreate an effect i saw in a game. to the point its making a dark mater blast . a black liquid ball with a white Aura like outline. i have been experimenting with creating a black water material with varied success. but the aura is still "not happening" . i have tryed to create a larger form of the bolt and tint and tweak it but it in some way or another covers the black core which is supposed to be pure black. does any one know way to do what I'm asking.

8-4670_3.jpg

i found this image online, its a beam version but the effect is simmilar

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Easy way...

render regular with white glowing balls

WhiteGlow0.jpg

render again with balls set to black with no glow and all other objects deleted and WITH alpha buffer on)

(nothing to see here, the render will look solid black)

put those both as camera rotoscopes into a new chor with nothing in it except the camera

Set "On Top" ON for the black one.

BlackGlow0.jpg

BlackGlow.zip

(I tried putting the black roto over the original chor and rendering there but the glow from the white balls was still getting painted over the black images. Apparently "Glow" is drawn into the render after the rotoscopes are drawn)

john sorta has what i have amassed myself with 2 objects one jet black the other "colored" the main problem is that the colored object is covering the spear instead of just an aura like in the picture the center of the beam is pure black surrounded by the colored part. is there any way to set an object to show complealty through another