Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

BVH Question

jason1025

I am stuck on stage 3 of this tutorial

http://zandoria.wordpress.com/tutorials/am...ial/#comment-35

1. He says to create a pose from an action. When I right click in the action window I do NOT get the New pose relationship option. So how do you achieve this?

2. Its kind of hard to tell which filters he has selected is it just the first 4?

3. Does anyone know how to get a bvh file that is in the Standard "T" model pose. I need that pose to constrain my bones the the BVH otherwise the offsets are OFF by too much.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The BVH files that you can download for free are a mixed bag. You never know what you are getting and more often than not they won't start with a t-pose. My suggestion is to scale and position the rig as close as you can get it to match your rig and then set your constraints. Then, making sure that "A"nimation mode is not active, adjust the rigs as neccesary. Don't forget to turn "A"nimation mode back on afterwards.

Thanks one more question.

I am stuck on stage four. I cant find the channel he is talking about to right click on

here's a vid tut i found ( reduced from it's original size )

it is not me and i'm not sure who it is ( my apologies to the creator )

this might help you along

BVH_TUT.mov

The tutorial was done in a much older version of A:M... before Relationships were introduced. I think you will have to experiment a little to adapt it to the current version.

Thanks an update will be much appreciated. I still can not easily load a bvh file as you describe in Stage four. I did find a work around by deleting the keys in every bone in current bvh and loading a new one. Its a pain. Looking forword to your much easier way.