sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Does Mirror bones mirror the cp weights?

jason1025

At first glance it appears to because the circles are around the cp's but when you rotate a bone you find out it does not seem to have mirrored them.

So what is the final explanation on this?

Does it if used correctly?

Is there an alterantive way to mirror cp weights?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks David

You and Rob are great. I dont know what this community would be able to achieve without you both?

I have a few more questions?

1. I kind of got mirror bones working but I had to deviate from Carolines settings and Un check "search for name only using bone name" Otherwise I got the result of the extra bones as you see in my model.

2.Although un checking that option helped and I got all the fans over to the left side of the model or right side of the screen without duplicating any of the geo bones they were not in the right hierarchy. Is that normal? So I had to make them children in the right spots.

3. Caroline has us perform the tsm flipper in stage 2 of her ultimate tsm2 guide to rigging. I am confused because she says to do it again in stage 10. What am I missing? My instinks tell me not to flipp in stage 2 but instead wait to do it in stage 9 just before the mirror plugins. Anything wrong with that?

1. I kind of got mirror bones working but I had to deviate from Carolines settings and Un check "search for name only using bone name" Otherwise I got the result of the extra bones as you see in my model.

Maybe there is something wrong with the bone naming convention...the plugin needs "right" or "left" in the names.

2.Although un checking that option helped and I got all the fans over to the left side of the model or right side of the screen without duplicating any of the geo bones they were not in the right hierarchy. Is that normal? So I had to make them children in the right spots.

I haven't had that happen, but it could also be because of the bone naming convention used..."r" and "l" wouldn't mean anything to the plugin, but "right", "Right", "RIGHT" would.

3. Caroline has us perform the tsm flipper in stage 2 of her ultimate tsm2 guide to rigging. I am confused because she says to do it again in stage 10. What am I missing? My instinks tell me not to flipp in stage 2 but instead wait to do it in stage 9 just before the mirror plugins. Anything wrong with that?

That would be more a question for Robert...I haven't done as much messing with TSM2. I would think the last thing would be flipping the bones before running the Rigger, but I could be wrong.

Hope that helps.

• Hash Fellow

That would be more a question for Robert...I haven't done as much messing with TSM2. I would think the last thing would be flipping the bones before running the Rigger, but I could be wrong.

It seems that TSM Flipper can be used multiple times and it will not create a mirror if a mirror for a bone already exists.

However, my instinct would be to just use it once when I had all my Right bones in place.