sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

projecting a model onto another

Master chief

OK so i was trying some thing new from the standard and watching my friend play a game got an idea to try and make some form of portal effect just for fun . i crafted a glyph of sorts and tryed to get it to form to the terrain with little effect. i have uploaded the project file itself as its still Farly new . the effect I'm going for is the camera moves to the glyph which then burns onto the terrain below then the portal opens , the first thing that i hit is that i cant get the glyph itself to form to the ground. is there a way to project the glyph down wards so that this happens or is there another way to get something similar.

portal.prj

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

you want the ground to shape like the glyph?

render an image of the white glyph against a exact middle gray background. Blur that a little in a paint program.

use it as a displacement decal on the ground (set percentage 2000% +).

make sure your normals on the ground are pointing up not down.

dispMC.jpg

you want the ground to shape like the glyph?

render an image of the white glyph against a exact middle gray background. Blur that a little in a paint program.

use it as a displacement decal on the ground (set percentage 2000% +).

make sure your normals on the ground are pointing up not down.

dispMC.jpg

not exactly

i guess the best way of saying what i want would be if i where to make the glyph into a peace of cloth and then lay in on the ground , i know i could simply make the glyph a graphic and place it down that way but i also want to be able to do other effects while its there

I made the glyph a thin model applied cloth material and set the damping up a bit simulated it till it settled then went a little crazy ... a pose a light anyway the cloth part should work for what you are asking I think making the glyph a thin model will help the effect

portal.mov

aportal.zip