Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Selection box error

bossofme

Hello AM world. I've been working my way through the exercises and the forums for two weeks now and having a good time so far. When I drag a selection box in the workspace window, the box is opaque black inside until I release the mouse button, then it is clear. This makes it hard to see the CP's I'm selecting. In the videos I've watched the box is clear while dragging to size. How do I fix this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello AM world. I've been working my way through the exercises and the forums for two weeks now and having a good time so far. When I drag a selection box in the workspace window, the box is opaque black inside until I release the mouse button, then it is clear. This makes it hard to see the CP's I'm selecting. In the videos I've watched the box is clear while dragging to size. How do I fix this?

Do you use Windows Vista? You have to deactivate the Desktop-Composition for Animation:Master there.

Another option is to change the driver for Realtimeviews for A:M.

-> Options > Global > Direct3d/OpenGL... switch this.

*Fuchur*

Do you use Windows Vista? You have to deactivate the Desktop-Composition for Animation:Master there.

Another option is to change the driver for Realtimeviews for A:M.

-> Options > Global > Direct3d/OpenGL... switch this.

*Fuchur*

Thanks for the response. I tried changing the driver but neither one changes the problem. I do have Vista 64. Where do I deactivate teh Desktop-Composition?

When I highlight a group of CPs, the selection square is a soft green and the CPs are still quite visible.

It is also the exact same green when I highlight some text, say, like, when I am renaming something....

Now, I am on a Mac here, but I do notice (also) that this "highlight" color is tied to my system preferences in my Appearances section.

I know in Win XP /Control Panels/Appearance & Themes/Display Properties you can customize all these color settings.

I see you are running Vista (in your profile).

You could explore this in you system there and see if you can change it that way.

I could be wrong about this so, be sure to make a note of your existing settings BEFORE you change anything system-wise.

Please let us know if you have any success with this.

Here is a short description how to disable desktop composition: LINK

*Fuchur*

Well, disabling desktop composition didn't change anything and I looked under appearance in control panel and nothing there looked relevant. It's a solid black in the drag box, not a tint. Also, if I drag a box out to some size and then continued to drag the box it would draw black boxes following the cursor. If I drag a box in the window away from any CP's it will leave a black box in the workspace until I right click in the window. It's weird. Thanks for trying to help me. When I was doing the lipsync exercise and I had to select key points in the timeline, there was no black box, just a clear box. Only seems to happen in the workspace window.

• Hash Fellow
Only seems to happen in the workspace window.

That Desktop Composition thing worked for a lot of people (and you rebooted after that, right?) but...

You could try these longshots:

-View>Workbook on or off

- Show Rulers on or off (it's a button at the top)

-maximize or un-maximize (aka "Restore", not the same as "minimize") the window within the Work window

-maximize or un-maximize A:M

-Wireframe or Shaded/Wireframe view.

Only seems to happen in the workspace window.

That Desktop Composition thing worked for a lot of people (and you rebooted after that, right?) but...

You could try these longshots:

-View>Workbook on or off

- Show Rulers on or off (it's a button at the top)

-maximize or un-maximize (aka "Restore", not the same as "minimize") the window within the Work window

-maximize or un-maximize A:M

-Wireframe or Shaded/Wireframe view.

Just rebooted AM and guess what? It worked. THANK YOU !!