sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Building a city in choreography and model windows

DJBREIT

I am setting up a complicated stage. It to be a city.

In the choreography I can have multiple copies of the same building or prop. I was wondering if this can be done in the model window. So you can build a complex building with relatively few parts. And low CP count. Before you drop them in the choreography. Or is this only possible in choreography

Also is there a place to change the model file defaults so the “Toon Shading (Method)” can be set to standard when I make a new model?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot import other model shortcuts into a model window and have those shortcuts still reference the original models. Anything you import into a model window becomes a permanent part of the model and adds to the patch count.

You can construct your set in an Action window. The you add your base model, which can be a simple ground plane or whatever, to the chor. Then you drop the Action onto your base model in the Choreography in order to automatically assemble the set in the Chor. This is kind of a hassle, but it is a good way to use the same complex set in several scenes and insure that the set stays consistent in all the scenes.

[

You cannot import other model shortcuts into a model window and have those shortcuts still reference the original models. Anything you import into a model window becomes a permanent part of the model and adds to the patch count.

Thank that answered the question.

You can construct your set in an Action window. The you add your base model, which can be a simple ground plane or whatever, to the chor. Then you drop the Action onto your base model in the Choreography in order to automatically assemble the set in the Chor. This is kind of a hassle, but it is a good way to use the same complex set in several scenes and insure that the set stays consistent in all the scenes.

I will have to give it a try