Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Imported Rotoscope Dropping Frames

My Fault

I was trying to import a rotoscope of some 2d blocking for a shot (using v13.0t) and noticed that all of the sudden, my lipsync didn't seem to match up. I then added frame numbers on my imported image sequence and noticed that animation master would skip frames, seemingly at random. Any idea why hash just won't bring the sequence in like it should and would skip frames? What am I doing wrong?

thanks for any help

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

most likely...

make sure the fps of your roto and the fps of your project are the same and that one is not 24 while the other is 30 or any other crazy number.

the roto fps can be set in its properties. that works for targa sequences.

most likely...

make sure the fps of your roto and the fps of your project are the same and that one is not 24 while the other is 30 or any other crazy number.

the roto fps can be set in its properties. that works for targa sequences.

Looking everywhere but have not found a place to set my roto fps. I've tried tga sequences and avi, neither gives me that option. The only option I see for cho fps is in my tools/options default frame rate, is that correct?

Sorry for such rudimentary questions, been years since I have waded in the animation master waters. Have finished a few shots the last few weeks, but this is the first time I have used roto's. Appreciate you taking the time to help Rob, thanks!

• Admin

Hey, its great to see you again.

I started to repond but got distracted. My apologies.

My memory may be faulty here...

Make sure your FPS in the Project's Properties are set to your desired FPS as well. (See attached)

FPS.jpg

Hey, its great to see you again.

I started to repond but got distracted. My apologies.

My memory may be faulty here...

Make sure your FPS in the Project's Properties are set to your desired FPS as well. (See attached)

Thanks Rodney, sometimes it is easy to get lost in all the little triangles. So project is set to 24fps, very odd. I even tried doing a quick animation and rendering that out of animation master as a sequence, I then brought that image sequence back in to the same file and they do not match up. The skipping does seem to be consistent though, goes right for 4 frame, then skips one. I know I must be missing something obvious, probably just need some more caffeine and it will hit me. :)

Thanks again for the help fellows!

Woooo, I knew I was missing something obvious. Like I mentioned to Rodney, getting used to all the property triangles again and making sure I am checking the right one, which I wasn't, was breaking my feeble old brain.

Thanks Robert and Rodney! Now back to more hashimation :)