Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

basic battle armor

working on some art for an iphone game i'm building and here's my 2nd attempt at armor. v3 will probably be my keeper. this armor set is what all my units will wear primarily with different textures for each race and the few unique armors that actually change the graphic of a unit on the battle screen, will be additional shoulder pads and helmets to this basic armor model. for instance 6 different armors all have this model for their base armor set but differ from each other by shoulder/head graphic.

did it in about 5 hours and the video took about 2 hours to render haha.

i'm considering trying a v2.5 with a more cartoony, Mii style character model with bubblier armor.

here's a link to the youtube video i made of the armor

post-12775-1248235463_thumb.png

post-12775-1248235488_thumb.png

post-12775-1248235501_thumb.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good start.

You can get a vastly smaller file if you dont' use the "Animation" codec. Choose MPEG4 or Sorenson3

no prob, thanks for the suggestion. i'm still getting the hang of AM's compression methods and general out put settings.

I like the armor so far, but for some reason the chest area feels too wide to me. Are you building with a specific character as guide or without one?

yeah i know what you mean, the sides of the rib cage area have been looking funny to me also. the gold armor was created all free-hand. the chest piece on the green armor was modeled using thom as a guide and i think i like that one better. i'm more or less just modeling in ways that make initial obvious sense to me and trying to pick up good techniques as i go a long.

thanks very much for the input.