Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Flocking Question

Rob_T

Is there a way to constrain a crowd in the flocking engine so that it does not intersect with other models (it's fine, and perhaps even somewhat of a benefit ift hey intersect with each other a bit)?

I'm trying to add a shitload of trees to my choreography and I figured I could put them in one at a time but it would be great if I could just do a crowd or a couple crowds and have all my trees added.

This of course leads to another question. If one can add them without them popping into existing models in the choreography is there a way to randomize the scale on all three axis a bit? So I get different sized and shaped trees?

And lastly is there a way to randomize the rotation around the Y axis so that the trees appear at different degrees, thus further changing thier appearance from varying perspectives?

The only flocking I did in Tao was with the birds setting and the lesson mostly concentrated on the action of the flight so I'm a little in the dark about the Crowd settings.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I don't know much about flocking, but Steffen Gross has two multiple model placing plugins you might want to try

"MMOP" and "Multiply"

After you run the plugin you could delete any that happened to fall in bad places. I think they also offer options to randomly rotate the model.

Yeah it seems like Simple Scatter will work for what I want to do. Just have to go back in and make some minor model changes and add a good group for the plug in to work off of and I'll be all set.

Thanks guys. ;)