Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Human model

Hi. Ive been wanting to expand my modeling skills. So I started modeling a human... My friends has a student ver. of zB.. uhm a program and let me install it on my laptop.

I created a 1200 Patch base mesh in A:M and used the OBJ exporter and exported it out to the.. other program. I then sculpted it there and brought it back in, though I had to do a lot of resolution changes in the polymesh to have a clean convert to patches.

The model that I use between the programs to work on has 21k patches, just at the threshold of what I needed.

Here is where I am at:

These to rendered at 1min15sec 5pass at Super35 each.

post-11793-1247018154_thumb.jpg post-11793-1247018167_thumb.jpg

Wires:

post-11793-1247018205_thumb.jpg post-11793-1247018215_thumb.jpg

I am enjoying this process very much, I now need to learn how to texture it well and fake some SSS (im in v13 :( plan to upgrade when I get the $$)

Photoman

PS I use that material when I model in A:M now, it is less contrasty with my modeling window.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a nice start. However, your AM base model is needlessly dense in many areas. You can get a lot more detail than you have with 30%-50% fewer splines (except in the head).

Needless to say, the ZBrush export is way way WAY too dense (except in the head). You could probably cut the density of that mesh down by a factor of 10.

ZBrush would be good for painting bump and displacement maps, but AM is much better at modeling forms that can be rigged, posed and animated.

Yup there are tons of patches on that model. I have a female body I was working on and it is almost done, your welcomed to swipe and/or modify the model.

I stopped rigging when I ran into a snag with the hands, some reason the old 2000 rig mangles the fingers and I haven't had the time to redo it or find another skeleton. Overall the face needs some tweaking, chest needs some refinement and textures still need to be done. You can re name her as Jane Doner :)

full_female.zip