Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Delete problems and a wip for those who open the file.

zacktaich

I need a bit of help: I'm working on a head and I need to delete half to do a copy flip attach but each time I try the app drops to desktop. this happens in both the latest alpha and in v10.5. I need to delete these points to do a copy/flip/attach.

Any ideas? I've been trying for 2 days.

I've attached the .prj file. the points labeled "delete" are the ones I don't want.

-Project file removed-

(Will post pictures later)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack,

When I opened the project it wanted the porcelain material. I have found that you can't paste into a model with porcelain applied. Delete the shortcut to porcelain from the model and then try to copy-flip-attach. If A:M quits when you try to delete the shortcut, drag the shortcut up to the materials folder instead, and then do the copy-flip-attach.

Jim

Ive had this problem myself onceor twice. I copied the whole model into another empty model window and saved it. Close and reopen the project and u should be able to just use the newly copied model for the copy/flip/attach.

SeanC.

That did it, I got that solution from several people on IRC, I wonder why that does it...

By any chance are you also using a ATI Radeon graphics card?

No, I wish..

Thanks all, I'm now taking down the project file.

• Admin

Sean,

There is something wrong with your project file that I cannot fix without going into the code of the .mdl file and trying to sniff out the problem.

Not porceline.

Not splines (that I can tell)

I did successfully copy/flip/attach the right side of your head in both v10.5 and v11.

The problem I'm still having is pasting back into your project file. Drops to the desktop each time.

If you want me to upload the complete head model/mesh (minus eyes) I'll be glad to do it. Unless I figure out how to clean out your project file the only other thing I can think to do is go into your project file, copy the eyes out into the new model and work from there.

(Edited to say... Ooops, I see you found the answer)

Best,

Rodney