Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

An idea for a show I've had for awhile

Hey everyone, most of you who know me know that I have mostly been posting in the topic Super Mario Film, but now I feel less inspired to finish it. Lately I’ve been feeling more creative, and working on a project that was a spoof of nintendo’s super mario brothers didn’t feel right. So I decided to bring the project I had been working on before back to life.

Three years ago I started having an idea for a show that featured 8 characters who lived near each other on an island, and they would do all kinds of stuff. Over the years I’ve come up with tons of funny ideas for the show and developed the characters so much that now they feel like a part of me, and it would be a waste not to continue with it. I’ve already made and rigged the characters so I should be able to make some episodes, but there’s one problem: I want this show to be funny, but my voice doesn’t sound good enough to fit the characters.

So now I’ve mostly ignored it and stopped working on it, since having a show with cheap cartoon voices wasn’t appealing to me. But I thought there might be someone else on this forum with a hidden voice talent that they could use for the show. If anyone’s interested let me know. I’ll post some pictures of the characters later.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jequed,

email me some character images and scripts an let me see what I can come up with as far as character voices. I have a certain amount of ability in that area. If I can help you out, I will.

myron{at}newbergmusiccenter{dot}com

Myron

Thanks, I'll be glad to send you some scripts.

Here is one of the characters in the show. As you can see, I've kept the characters fairly simple, which I think is good for comedy.

jqd1.jpg

This character could be described as jolly, young, and naive, and has a sort of high-pitched voice. He spends most of the time at his house watching TV or trying to hang around the people who he thinks are 'cool', which usually gets him into trouble.

Here's a few more characters (no names yet):

rock_arena.jpg

These three characters like to hang out together and they're in a rock band. The one singing has a sort of deep voice and lives a laid back lifestyle. The one playing the drums (yes, he can play without hands) has a real scratchy and hyper voice. His mouth doen't move when he talks. He gets board easily and is always looking for something else to do. The character playing the guitar on the right is the only person that doesn't talk in the show and is always smiling. He is usually listening to music, playing the guitar, or just doing his own thing.

It'll be fun coming up with names for these guys.

Do you have a name of the rock band?

I've only come up with one or two names for all the characters so far, not including the ones above. Anyone who wants to suggest something can tell me.

How long is this production?

The show is divided into 3 to 5 minute episodes. Each episode has its own separate plot, and if everything goes well it might reach 20 or more episodes.