Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Peg's Well

gazzamataz

Well, (no pun intended) this is another scene from my next Bella Bear story that I am currently making a pig's ear of texturing. I am pleased with the candlesticks (need some smoke) but I am in a bit of a dialemma. Should I used real-life photos (the walls) in conjuction with shaders and painted textures, or not use real-life imagery and generate it all by my own fair hand?

In this scene the stairs and doorframe are the wrong colours - they need to match the wall, which need the tiling removed. But you're thoughts fellow Hashers please :huh:

Peg__s_Well.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would try to maintain a similar style to all elements, to give it a cohesive look. I know there are times when mixing styles can work, but in this case I would try to texture things the same way. Mixing texture styles can draw attention to areas you don't want to focus on, if one style of texture is too different in quality or detail from another style.

Just my opinion,

Jim

Hmmm, I thought you might say that :D

This means I got my work cut out now painting everything since I want a cartoonist feel... Mind you at the moment I am more interested in getting the storyboard finished then going back to texture more thoroughly.

BTW Jim how does one become a Hash Fellow? Is it only for those who have won the image or animation contest?

Unless my eyes deceive me you ARE a HASH FELLOW!
Yes! - I is now :D. I immediately got on to Steve after seeing this phenomenon and he made me a fellow, not quite sure what to do with this title or if I am exactly worthy but it does have a certain feel good factor LOL ...

Q: How long have you been working on Bella?

I have been working on this project on and off the since summer 2001, intially creating the characters and then working on the sets and stories. I feel bad since I should have much more to show for it, but I have been side-tracked with other software, computer games, SCUBA, learning 3D, LIFE and stuff. I didn't really get into creating the first story until the end of 2002.

I am hoping to get the next stroyboard out before the end of March. After that I will either work on the next story or set about improving the texturing/lighting of the existing ones or animating parts of the existing stories or all of em if I win the lottery and can give the day job up :D

Either way I intend on being more disciplined :wacko: