sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

speech

washbucket

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

The average A:M User has yet to discover the power of the dopesheet.

In 2009 they will discover that and more.

Most think dopesheets can only be used for lipsync.

Yes, dopesheets... all that and more.

Each Action can have its own Dopesheet so you can use multiple dopesheets.

How many do you want?

For optimized workflow add each sound file to the Action that contains the relevant dopesheet.

Its doesn't have to be there but that should help keep things all nice, neat and orderly.

Multiple_Dopesheets.png

Thanks for letting me know about the manual It was my fought I thought it was a saved file and I thought it wasn't

downloading but it was, It's just it was a large file impatient me sorry, and thats great news about adding multible wav files to a character thats what I wanted to hear thanks now with all this info coming together I can start putting my prodject together thanks again.

• Admin

Don't confuse the Technical Reference with the manual. They are very different books.

The exercises are found in the manual, "The Art of Animation:Master".

If I recommend any other book before you complete the 20 exercises in the manual (The Art of Animation:Master) strange creatures appear out of the darkness and shrink my head down to nothingness. You can imagine I don't like to do that too often. Not only does it make modeling more awkward I find it much easier to animate when using my normal sized head.

At any rate...

Definitely work through the exercises in the manual first. There is nothing you'll do with Animation:Master that will be more important.

Most of the exercises are quick and very relevant to what you'll be doing in your personal projects. Any difficulties you have will be easily addressed as other A:M Users know the exercises in it very well. It gives everyone a common range of experience.

If you aren't into books as much as videos, you can also view the video versions of each exercise along with the manual. You'll find the video exercises ready for downloading here:

http://www.hash.com/2007web/vm.htm

You can see how much fun others have had with the manual here.