Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Huge group of models in chor

heyvern

How does this work? Sometimes I seem to be able to do it but others... not so much. I can drag select a "group" in the chor and move those items but it doesn't put in a key frame for translation. I need to move about 200 model shortcuts together as a unit and key frame the translation. After selecting them all if I use the arrow keys or type in the translation properties only the last one selected will move.

In the past I've been able to select a bunch of chor objects this way to set "Active" on or off... but after awhile it stops working. Any help appreciated.

-vern

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

If I drag and select a group of models then try to move that group I dont' get key frames.

If I shift select several models in the PWS and the click on one in the chor and use the cursor keys to move them I get new key frames.

This is so weird. I don't get the key frames when I use the arrow key after I shift select models in the PWS. I did before. I remember doing it a bunch of times in the past. The best I can do now with my current project is to select all the models in the chor and "force" keys but then they all default to the same translation/rotations. All my carefully placed objects zip down to the exact same spot. I then have to select all the keys from from a previous key or from frame 0 and copy/paste to the forced key frame.

What makes this so frustrating is that in the past I was able to select multiple objects and key them at the same time without any trouble. Now I can't. It just stopped working. I keep thinking there is something I'm doing wrong... wrong key filters set... something somewhere.

-vern

• Hash Fellow
This is so weird. I don't get the key frames when I use the arrow key after I shift select models in the PWS.

If you shift select them in the PWS you have to physically click on one in the chor window before you use the cursor keys. I have to, anyway.

Hah!

I have to use the "Manipulator Options" and type in the translation. You know? The gizmo thingy that pops up next to selected items? I don't normally use that but it seems to be the only way to move multiple selected objects and preserve their previous locations. Any other method just puts all the objects in the same position. So for example I have a bunch of items all selected. There is one item "highlighted" in the chor window. I turn on manipulator options hit the "N" key and type in a new number. The numbers displayed are obviously for the selected object but if I change say, the Y translation from "10" to "9" all the items move relative to their original location.

Using any other method just jams them all together.

-vern